The users of WhatsApp are been given the ability to include depiction to group chats. This new feature will be released for iOS as well as Android users. In the previous month, the group description feature was released by WhatsApp for Android’s beta version.
Though the feature to include group depictions is not a colossal upgrade, it can prove useful for a specific sort of WhatsApp conversations, for example, when making a group for a particular occasion. Let’s have a glance at how to use this new group description feature.
- At first, assure that you are using the most recent WhatsApp version on your device. The most recent version can be downloaded by the Android users from the Play Store. On the other hand, the iPhone users can get the recent upgrade to WhatsApp by heading to the App Store.
- Launch WhatsApp on your device.
- Click on the group name to which you would wish to include a narrative.
- Go to the group’s section “Group Info” in the right-hand corner.
- Select the section “Description” just beneath the group’s name.
- Add or modify the description of the group.
All the members of the group, as well as those invited, will be able to see the group description. The narrative can be as lengthy as 512 characters. The description can be edited by any group member. WhatsApp for Android is also upgraded with a tiny yet clever feature “search participants,” enabling the users to search a group member simply from the group info screen.
In the meantime, WhatsApp for Android is also receiving a new feature that lets the users swap between video and voice calls easily. Previously, the feature was speckled in the Android beta version 2.18.4. At present, WhatsApp has an active user base of 1.3 Billion, making it a well-liked instant messaging application in the world.